She Has Colorful Dreams

Saturday, March 28, 2020


Our family has been staying home during this crazy & uncertain time and I've only been leaving the house if we absolutely need too.

Our city has closed the schools here & the children have been doing "distance learning" which has been a challenge, to say the least. My boys, on the other hand, have really enjoyed the "distance learning".  I'm sure it's the "newness" of it all, but it is awesome to see them excited for Monday when they will log onto the computer and start their independent lessons.

While this whole thing seems crazy I will admit I've really enjoyed having everyone home.  We've been having family movie nights, game nights, kitchen fun & whatever I can come up with to try and keep everything upbeat and fun while we are safe at home.


Last night I did take a little time for myself and set aside all my chores & responsibilities to play and create something for myself.



I started my project by selecting this lovely little lady.  This picture is from the late 1800s.  I was drawn to the expression on her face, she looks like she is day dreaming.


I changed her shape to be more pear-like and added some color.  I really didn't have a master plan when I started out, then again do we ever have a plan when we start creating?   The only plan I had was I knew I wanted yellow, lots and lots of yellow.


Once I added color I started drawing and layering.  I added yellow roses & white flowers.  I didn't want to over-complicate the flowers, so I kept them yellow & white with a smidgen of pink.  Then I grunge up the overall look by adding splatters, grungy text, grunge frame & grunge edges.

It took me a bit to come up with a phrase or quote to add to this piece.  She looks like she daydreaming so I wanted the quote to include "daydream" or "dream" but that is all I could think of.  I stepped away from my computer for a few hours, went back to my housework and took care of dinner & then came back and it hit me! "She has colorful dreams that leaves a little magic wherever she goes"



Here is a step by step of what I did here.

 

  Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you are following Calico Collage on social media.  You can find Calico Collage on Instagram and Pinterest: @calicocollage
If you are a fan of Calico Collage, come join the Facebook group - Fans of Calico Collage
Join now so you do not miss out on flash sales, special coupons & freebies!