Junk Journal Embellishments with Printable Ephemera

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 

Junk Journal Embellishments with Printables

Hello everyone!  When creating printables I test print them to make sure they look just as great printed as they do when I created them in photoshop.  So today I decided to play around with a few of the test prints that I have laying around.  I wanted to make cute little cluster ephemera embellishments...yea, that is what I'll call them.  They could also be used as altered paperclips or even small pockets in a junk journal.

What I used to create them:

 

Junk Journal Embellishment
 

The first thing I did was take one of the cards from the Vintage Typed pack, rip along the edge of the whole card & then ripped down the middle.  Now my card is about about 2 3/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches.

Then I took my blending sponge and inked up the edge to give it a more distressed look.

Junk Journal Embellishment

With the base now inked up and looking vintage-ly awesome, I ripped up a small piece of the sheet music & inked it up as well.  I didn't want this little piece of ephemera to look so neat so I wrinkled it up.  I glued it down first & then a small piece of lace on top of it.

Junk Journal Ephemera
 
Lastly I layered it up with an image from the Pretty Small Ephemera Pack & a Small Vintage Label.

Here is a very quick little video of my progress:


Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you are following Calico Collage on social media.
You can find Calico Collage on Instagram and Pinterest: @calicocollage
If you are a fan of Calico Collage, come join the Facebook group - Fans of Calico Collage

Join now so you do not miss out on flash sales, special coupons & freebies! 
  

Junk Journal Embellishment Pin