How to Print on Tracing Paper for Junk Journals

Monday, March 29, 2021

How To Print On Tracing Paper

Hello everyone!  Today I would like to show how I print on tracing paper.  I love using tracing papers in my junk journals for that added little something extra.  I love the look of a busy pattern printed on tracing paper then layered over a less busy printed page.  I also love printing elements on tracing paper to fussy cut out and layer to create a new embellishment.  Using printed tracing paper can really change the whole feel of a collage or journal page!  Keep on reading if this is something that you are interested in trying!

How To Print on Tracing Paper

What you need:

  • A printer you are familiar with and can change the paper settings. I am using a HP Envy Photo 7155
  • Tracing paper that is 8.5x11 inches, normally this is found in the stationery isle with crayons, markers and so on.
  • A digital image, for this I am using pink butterflies from my shop, Calico Collage

First, take a sheet of tracing paper and place it in the paper cartage of your printer.  While trying this my self for the 1st time I learned that I needed to have regular paper in my paper cartage and place the tracing paper on top, if I didn't have the regular paper there my printer would state I was out of paper.  

Once the paper is there it is time to change the paper type setting.  Not all printers are the same, so your printer may saying something different but the bottom line is to change the paper setting to a light paper weight.  


How to Print on Tracing Paper
 
Lastly select the file you would like to print and follow the prompts like normal.

Now you should have a pretty printed sheet of tracing paper just ready for your to cut and craft with!

How to Print on Tracing Paper
 
I created cute little embellishments with the butterflies.  I love that you can see a hint of the ephemera layered behind it.

How to Print on Tracing Paper

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you are following Calico Collage on social media.
you can find Calico Collage on Instagram and Pinterest: @calicocollage
If you are a fan of Calico Collage, come join the Facebook Group - Fans of Calico Collage
If you are a BIG fan, make sure you are on the VIP mail list to receive exclusive freebies and coupons.

How to Print on Tracing Paper


sflouden said...

Thanks so much this will help me a lot!