5 Junk Journal Ideas for Spring

Monday, March 15, 2021

Hello everyone!  Today I would like to hopefully inspire you with this list of junk journal themes for spring.  I think all crafters at one time or another will get stuck or they find themself repeating the same styles over and over.  They know they want to create a journal but don't know where to start or feel stuck.  I think themes are a great place to start, I love myself a good theme.  So with out further adieu here is my list of junk journal themes for spring.

5 Junk Journal Themes for Spring
Beautiful Spring junk journal created by Linda Israel

5 junk journal ideas for Spring

1. Spring Flowers - what I love most about spring is the flowers.  I envy those that can grow these pretty compact rainbows that grow from the ground - I lack the magical green thumb that my grandmother had. LOL
I do offer 2 journal kits that show off these beautiful spring flowers & would be a great addition to your digital paper collection. - 

Spring Blush & Shabby Floral

 

Spring Ephemera for Junk Journals

 

2. Birds - Do you have a favorite bird?  What bird "means" spring to you?
When I was creating the "One Fine Day" printable junk journal kit I wanted to use little blue birds because they remind me of Spring.
You can use your favorite birds as a main focus for your journal.  Look for old magazines, brochures, and newspapers showcasing your bird and incorporate them into your journal.  If you would like to use printable bird ephemera, make sure to check out my shop

3. Bees - bees are adorable little honey makers deserve to have a journal created in their honor!  We have so much to thank for these little pollen collectors.  Make sure to check out this great tutorial from Linda Israel on how she made bee themed junk journal tags.  I also have a look at this Bee Junk Journal Kit available in my shop.

4. Easter - No matter how you celebrate, an Easter journal just seems like the perfect spring journal.  Fill it with rabbits, white lily flowers, chicks, and so on!  Calico Collage offer plenty of Easter ephemera!

 

Junk Journal Themes for Spring
 

5. Color Theme
- Chose your favorite spring color and make it your focus.  Do not let color intemidate you, one of the things I hear the most is "I can't match colors" or "I don't know what colors go together", my go to answer for this is to look at nature.  If you want a color theme for your next journal walk outside or if you are unable to leave your home, look at nature magazines - take note of the colors you are seeing and what you are drawn too.  Those colors will mix well together no mater what a color wheel may tell you.  When I start creating I always look out the window and pick a color then run with it.  My top selling journal kit was inspired by a stroll on a beautiful day.

Here are a few color themes I put together based on nature images.  I hope they inspire you!

 

Color Themes for Junk Journals

Color Themes for Junk Journals

Color Themes for Junk Journals


Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you are following Calico Collage on social media.
You can find Calico Collage on Instagram and Pinterest: @calicocollage
If you are a fan of Calico Collage, come join the Facebook group - Fans of Calico Collage

Join now so you do not miss out on flash sales, special coupons & freebies! 
  

5 Junk Journal Themes for Spring